Let my LCD screen live as long as it can

GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
edited June 2005 in Hardware
Can you give me some hints on the 'best way' to use a LCD monitor to help this one live as long as it can... I mean, what is bad for it... Is it best to close the monitor when we don't use it ? or does the ON/OFF at repetition will be worst than let it ON for a long time ? Is it best to desactivate the auto-shutdown after 20 mins ? etc... Give your .02 :)

I know that lifetime for an LCD monitor is a well-known problem so i want to use it 'the best way i can'.

Thankx

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Ive had my LCD a long time, and all i do is turn it off after I use it, the only thing that i think will go wrong with them is the back light, which in most cases can be replaced. but they are somewhat expensive. and I have the standby after 20 turned off because it anoyed me when i had to what on my monitor to come back from standby...
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I've had a samsung 172t for about 3 years now and have been turning it on/off at least 3x daily - no problems.
    I have a viewsonic vg150 that's very old and gets turned on/off a lot. No problems there either.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited June 2005
    Great ! Thankx, that's some good news because i like to turn off my monitor when im not in front of it :D