My monitor sucks!!!

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited July 2005 in Hardware
I didnt know how bad it was, but my monitors response time is 40ms, yes, thats a 40!!! ahhhhh....i thought it was better than that....urghhh.....Im gonna have to get a new LCD Tooo!!!!!! :bawling: the price tag keeps going up and up and UP

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    If you don't notice ghosting or see other problems with your monitor, you don't need a new one.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    yeah, but when do i get an excuse to buy new stuff, plus, ill just sell it to my bros, when i get a sytem together for him, this monitor is still worth a good $120 to him.
    edited June 2005
    and ive been wanting a 17" for gaming anyway for a while now.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    As much as I hate their reviews, this one still has some usefull information
    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20020709/index.html

Just remember, when it comes to response time on an LCD, all producers lie.
    Take a DVD that you know with you, make the store connect the monitor to computer and look at it.
    edited June 2005
    but you really cant do that on newegg, unless i find a local store with the same monitor, im mainly goin on reviews, i was thinkin the Acer 17" 8 ms monitor
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2005
    you won't notice the difference between an 8ms and a 12ms response time. you might barely notice the difference between an 8ms and a 16ms response time

its all bull**** marketing anyway
    edited June 2005
    yeah, but i will notice the difference from 40ms to 8ms, and id rather have this monitor last for a while and be the best for games that it can be
  • edited June 2005
    how much are willing to spend on a new monitor if so I got a good one for you that would be really good for gamming. :thumbsup:
    edited July 2005
    I dont know, I dont have all the money i need to buy the new stuff for my computer anyway, and the monitor works for now, my optical drives dont, and my video card is on the brink, so the monitor will be one of the last things im getting. but if nothing better comes out i like the acer and the price its going for.
  • edited July 2005
    I have a good idea, how about you just wait and save up and buy yourself one of those combo systems that come with a monitor, computer, keyboard, mouse, and optical drives just make sure it is a current computer.
    edited July 2005
    by that do you mean a dell or hp, system....your funny ;D , but im thinkin no, i like to build my own systems and actually know that good hardware is going into it, and besides i have a prebuilt hp thats my parents, and that thing has a 3.2 p4 with 512mb DDR400 and my little 2800+ blows it away, and its had a lot of problems with the hardware in it, tech support for its replaced the hard drive right when we got it, the mem after about three months and then the power supply died in it...
  • edited July 2005
    Minimum that your going to have right=

ALrighty then what do you want to put in it and AMD Athlon 64 at least right.
    With at least 512mb of DDR2,(I repeat DDR2) RAM.
    A 10/100/1000 Ethernet card (for gamming of the future LAN parties).
    12X DVD +/-RW drive
    Floppy Drive (for last chance recovery of your OS and files).
    120gb SATA HD (for the intense space what is needed for gaming)
    At least 4 usb ports, 3 firewire ports, maybe an Audigy 2 sound card.
    By all means at least a 128MB Nvidia or ATI maybe PNY graphics card with, Direct 9.0c and Open GL 2.0 support at least 6 pipelines, 400mhz, and for that new monitor that your going to buy one day.

DVI, VGA, S-Video, HDMI, output.

Good luck it sounds like your going to be one of those really cool people with a really sweet computer, that doesn't lock up on you in the heat of battle.

Just remember time is on your side if you save up for it and work hard. So don't worry about your ancient computer it will die when your dream machine is finally complete and in the end you will be one happy person.

Good Luck :thumbsup: