my kv7 storie..

edited July 2005 in Hardware
few weeks a go i begin inst. a kv7 in a new system.
in the bios i looked for the s-ata option. Who was suposed to be there.
it was gone. tryed posting in dif forums. even here, the tread i posted in (another dude with similar prob started it) was dead. no one answered it.

Stil i dident give up. so desided to flash the bios. no luck.
ended up contacting the dealer. dident have the invoice coz the mobo was a present. But the dealer :) found it in their system. so the helped me.
Wel thei dident figure it out over the phone. and their phone line went dead in the process.
so ill had to corespond on email.

Ended up sending in the mobo.
After a few days i got a mail. they dident make it work and had no idea wats wrong. so thei sends me a new mobo. the kv7 was not in stock so thei sends a Asus A7V880. in the mail this asus suposed to be better.
few days laiter the package ariwes. looking nothing like a mobo packing.

went home curius. and opened it... :) a WD S-ata 74 GB raptor hdd ??
So i almost sendt a angry email. sending a stupid hdd instead of the mobo. *"#.. but then i relized, This is the hdd i want for this pc. and it cost more than twice of the mobo. :D

So i have desided to keep it. and say nothing to the dealer.
and are no thinking about buying a abit nf7.

and use my 34 raptor as c and the new free 74 raptor as aditional hdd :)
then ill prob need a sata controler so i cane have a 320 gb s-ata too.
Or is it posibel to use the ata ide 2. and the sata? i heard tha ide2 disabels when sata enabels. is that true?
specs on abit nf7 doesent say. so long as i cane see.

Comments

• FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited July 2005
    No, the use of the SATA headers on the NF7 DO NOT disable the PATA headers. I have (NF7-S) one that I'm currently using as a print server before I tear it down and sell it. Prior to that it was my e-mail/Light CAD machine and has 2 SATA drives (raided) on the 2 SATA ports and a CD burner and DVD player on the 2 PATA ports. All of them working at the same time.

Flint
  • edited July 2005
    good then i cane use 2 ata hdd too :)