Potential Power on the way

CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
edited September 2003 in Folding@Home
I may very soon be adding massive amounts of power to my folding force. I used to be a name on the rise, however I've been set back as of late, but I think if I get these systems folding for me, I may be a force to be reckoned with as well as getting some points to help S-M Folding start cranking it up a bit, so here goes.

I am friends with and do computer work for a woman who just recently started up an office with quite a few computers in it, and here is the power I could possibly gain from that, I have to go install some memory into some of her computers soon so I am going to inquire about this then.

AthlonXP 2600+
AthlonXP 2000+
AthlonXP 1700+ (2)
Athlon 800mhz (Slot A, old skool, but can still crank out a few)

also, my friend is getting some new computers at his home and in the past he ran F@H for me, so I am in the process of convincing him to do this again with all the computing power he's gaining, so I think that will come to fruition

AthlonXP 2800+
Pentium4 2.0ghz
AthlonXP 1900+ (I believe, might be faster)
Athlon 1ghz

Also, I'm building a system to be a fileserver very soon, I already have the motherboard and memory, I just gotta pickup a processor, I was seeing how cheap 1700,1800,and 1900+ are now so I'll probably pick up one of those fairly soon and have it start folding away

right now my arsenal is kinda weak, but I'll list it anyway :)

AthlonXP 2100+ (my personal system)
AMD K6/2 500mhz (kinda weak, but still kicks out a few)
AthlonXP 2100+ (a friends)

and apparently according to the Stanford stats I have 5 processor folding for me, but I have no idea where the other two are, mustve been some ones I set up long time ago when I had my first drive to get my friends to fold for me and I lost track of it for a while.

But anyway, hopefully I'm gonna become a folding contender soon and help out the team with this Team 93 blitz with this extra power. FOLD ON! :D:fold::fold::fold:

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    Come and get me!!!! I'm way ahead of of you know.

This might make me go add a few more machines.:)
  • edited September 2003
    sounds like a potential 4K per week :fold:
  • ReignReign New York
    edited September 2003
    I'll be working on getting my schools lab and library running. If i succeeed (fat chance) .. it would be 30 2.6ghz desktops in one of the labs, and then the library which has about 30 2.8ghz desktops. I dream about it every night....
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    mmonnin said
    Come and get me!!!! I'm way ahead of of you know.

This might make me go add a few more machines.:)

Yes, I dearly miss our little folding wars, however I fear it will be quite some time, even if I get these new machines, before you will see me coming up at your heels