FS: PC Pow & Cool PS + GF6800GT-AGP

FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
edited July 2005 in Trading Post
1. PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 AG//////SOLD////

A REAL power supply, Stable and Clean power.

Specs are here:

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T51AG

It's about 13 months old with a 5 year warranty.
I am replacing it with a Turbo-Cool 850 SSI as I am upgrading my motherboard to a Tyan S2895 which needs more power with all the crap I've got in it.

List $199.00 plus shipping (was $26.86)

Price $130.00 Shipped to lower 48 in the Great USA.

2. Gigabyte GeForce 6800 GT, 256 DDR3, AGP8X////SOLD////

This has also been replaced with the PCI-e version of the same board.
Specs are here:

http://www.futurepowerpc.com/scripts/details.asp?PRDCODE=VCGA-N68T256DH&REFID=PW

Includes full version Doom3 and Power DVD, not whats listed in the specs at Future Power.

List $350.00 + shipping

Price $225.00 Shipped to lower 48 in the Great USA.

I've done some trading here and bought the video card from one of the members here and I've had no complaints. eBay reference is White$truck.

PM with offers or questions

Thanks for looking,
Flint :cool:

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2005
    PM coming!
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2005
    you're upgrading to an 850w? sweet mother of ...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    electric bills! ;)
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited July 2005
    Flint For what it's worth, hat PC P&C 510 AG will power your Tyan S2895 Dual Opteron just fine....But you cant deny the cool factor of the PC P&C 850w SSI PSU (4x 12v@18A rails)
  • FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited July 2005
    Omega,
    According to the guys at PC P & C, it would be right on the edge. Especially with the load of the scsi drives and the 6800gt PCI-e card. If, in the future I was to go with SLI, the guy I spoke with agreed with me that it probably wouldn't boot. I've helped a lot of guys troubleshoot a shakey system and it has more often than not come down to an insufficient power supply. As a matter of fact, apparently some of the now "certified for SLI" power supplies out there are being reviewed and, based on new requirements that should have been in place before, will not pass certification.

So, that's why I'm going with the 850. Also, it's supposed to use about 50 watts less input power to handle the same load as the 510 (due to a new transformer design) and so will actually run cooler as it's dissapating less wasted energy. Damn thing is HUGE, though!!