T-bred A multiplier

GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
edited July 2005 in Hardware
I know T-breds are unlocked on nForce 2 chipsets, but are they unlocked on anything else?

I've been looking for a Micro-Atx motherboard with an nForce2 chipset and mounting holes for a Zalman HSF. Not a very common combination. I found a Chaintech board that fit the bill (7NIF2), but the only reputable dealer that carried it was Directron, and they're out of stock (and it's discontinued). Anyway, if they can't get me one of the 2 or 3 similar boards Chaintech made, I'll have to get something with another chipset. Locked PCI/AGP frequencies aren't necessary, but I would like to be able to change the multi without messing with pinmods or the bridges.

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Bump: on hold with Directron now, need a backup plan :D
    edited July 2005
    Nevermind, looks like Directron got their hands on a Chaintech 7NIF4. It's actually an improvement (as the model number suggests), with SATA and a large passive northbridge sink that'll be cooled by the 92mm Zalman main HSF. Hopefully it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg though.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited July 2005
    The early Thoroughbreds were unlocked period. The chipset type didn't matter. It was up to the mothetboard whether or not it allowed multiplier selection.
    edited July 2005
    Oh! Well that's nice to know. Guess I could have got a cheaper board ;D

Oh well. At least my backup rig will be nice enough to use for LANs and whatnot.