CPU voltages.... and more!

ThatFatCat5ThatFatCat5 Minn-eee-soda
edited July 2005 in Hardware
So I opened up CPU-Z recently on my "value" computer, and its reporting flucuations in the processor voltage, anywhere from 1.488V to 1.504V (1.520V once)
My core speed is also bobbing back and forth anywhere between 2019.7 MHz to 2020.0 MHz
I was wondering if this is because of my power supply, its rather "value" also

PSU: CODEGEN ATX3XX-2-RT ATX 400W Power Supply

My processor is a 2.0 GHz Celeron
Multiplyer: x20
FSB: 101MHz even though its set at 100 in BIOS
Bus Speed: 404 MHz

If the power supply is the problem, I would like to get a new one, at a decent price still, but I'm also looking for a new case, so if anyone knows of a decently priced case + decent PSU....

Oh! and a secondary question...
I have a BIOS setting with my ram to have it run at the FSB +33MHz, it is currently set on that right now, but if I take it off, would it help sync my processor and ram timings? or would there be too steep of a performance drop from 133 to 100 so that its not worth synchronizing? Because of my current case I have tons of temperature issues, so I can't raise my fsb up to 133 and take off the +33MHz option to have my PC2100 ram run at its original speed (max frequency) or w/e. well, I'm kinda confused with this whole secondary question because I have never had to deal with it.

Yeah and for the first question, I was simply wondering if those are symptoms of a bad PSU and also, where I might be able to get a good deal.

Thanks a bunch! :rockon:

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2005
    Those fluctuations in the vcore are normal. Dont worry about that small of a variance.
  • ThatFatCat5ThatFatCat5 Minn-eee-soda
    edited July 2005
    k, thanks, its just that I hadn't noticed it before.

So anyone up for answering my second question?