ITE IDE RAID problems

infiltrator6infiltrator6 Staten Island, NY
edited July 2005 in Hardware
Hello all. after almost a year of problems with my board I finally found a place were I can get help. I have ga-7n400 pro 2 FG (rev2). I have 2 drives connected for IDE Raid, ITE IT8212 ATA RAID v1.7.1.91. Every couple of month the raid crashes with an error saying that the bios is out of date. If I update the bios and/or the drivers the problems go away for a while. Lately I can't get it to go away and I don't want to lose all my data so I disconnect the drives until I can get a remedy. Can someone help.

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited July 2005
    raid-0 or raid-1? I assume raid-0.

Thats a Gigabyte board? I didnt think they used a ITE for onboard? Is that a add-in card or onboard raid ports?

Some will disagree but I think if you check around the web gigabytes raid implementations are some of the slowest and most unstable. I would no more run raid on one if their boards then I would snow ski naked.

Its not worth the hassle and instability. As you have found out the hard way.

Tex
  • FlintstoneFlintstone SE Florida
    edited July 2005
    I thought I saw a Pl_yboy layout with you skiing naked, I could be wrong.......
  • infiltrator6infiltrator6 Staten Island, NY
    edited July 2005
    Raid-0. Yes it is onboard. GA-7n400 Pro 2 board has SATA raid and PATA raid.