Tough ethernet cables

entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
edited July 2005 in Science & Tech
Ok. We've got, oh, probably a total of 6 ethernet cables in this house, of varying lengths. Of those, I'd say two work, and barely.

What I need is a brand or kind of ethernet cable that can withstand a nuclear fallout. For some reason they all seem to die, and it's not like they're abused too much, either. The plugs just tend to come loose, so that you have to wiggle it and/or pry it one direction to get it to stay on.

Any recommendations? I know it's a really weird and seemingly stupid question, but most every cable we buy dies. So do you guys have any that have been working perfectly (and have taken abuse)?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    We make our own out of contractor grade cable. If you think its justified, a GOOD cat5 crimper made by Ideal and using high quality terminators and good cable, you can't go wrong.

As for quality pre-made cables, we usually use Belkin.
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited July 2005
    Prime's way works good for me too. My brother is an electrician, so I have access to as much Cat5 as I want.

Don't you just love trying to get all those little wires in the right order? Pain in the arse.