HELP! Same BSOD multiple times.

RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
edited July 2005 in Hardware
Alright, good fun. Lets get some things out of the way first. This BSOD only happens when I'm doing something with world of warcraft. Well, in the 3 times I've had the BSOD happen, it happens during WoW. First, I was playing WoW and it froze for about 3 seconds and gave me the BSOD. That was about a week ago. Today, I was downloading the new patch for WoW and went out to eat while it was downloading. I come home and my system says "this system recovered from a serious error", you know the deal. I went into event viewer and it was the same error as last week. So i tried downloading the patch again for WoW and then the same BSOD. I have read a little bit on this and its usually display drivers. I have the eVGA 6800gt and I believe im going to try and update my graphics drivers. Do i get the newer drivers from evga.com or should i get them from Nvidia.com? Here is the BSOD.

Type: Error
User: N/A
Computer: my computer name...
Source: System Error
Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000038, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 ed8747da.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2005
    ...I believe im going to try and update my graphics drivers. Do i get the newer drivers from evga.com or should i get them from Nvidia.com?...
    Get them from nVidia; the ones from evga will probably be quite old.

Before you install the new drivers, run NVCleaner to get rid of all traces of the old ones. :)
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited July 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Get them from nVidia; the ones from evga will probably be quite old.

Before you install the new drivers, run NVCleaner to get rid of all traces of the old ones. :)

I was looking at my current drivers for the 6800gt and they were shipped with drivers that were updated 5/12/2005! Thats pretty recent... Anyways, NVcleaner says i should make my computer run in standard VGA mode, how do i do that? Thanks profdlp

EDIT: Update, I finished the patch install and now WoW is running. Its running perfectly fine, i will watch for any errors. Everyone please post as to what you think could be causing this.
    Thank You,
    Kyle
    edited July 2005
    Go to Device Manager and under Display Adapters change it to "Standard Display Adaptor (VGA)". Reboot, then run NVCleaner.
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited July 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Go to Device Manager and under Display Adapters change it to "Standard Display Adaptor (VGA)". Reboot, then run NVCleaner.
    Do i disable my 6800gt? I was thinking the screen would go blank if i did...I cant seem to find how to change it to Standard Display Adpater :shakehead
    What am i missing?
    edited July 2005
    Try booting in Safe Mode, uninstall the drivers via add/remove programs, run NVCleaner, then reboot.

Once booted, install the new drivers.