Corsair TwinX Matched Set? Really?

NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
edited July 2005 in Hardware
Hi, i'm looking to buy another 1GB (2x512MB) of memory for my system. The person that I might buy it from claims they are TwinX and has the original packaging, however the images of the stickers on the RAM are:

ram2.jpg

ram1.jpg

The RAM on the top (#1) matches the sticker on my current RAM exactly. However the RAM in the bottom picture (#2) differs. Specifically i'm talking about the number under "XMS3205v1.0" which is 0340049 and on my RAM (and the top/#1 picture) the number is 0343026. Could they still be a matched set? Does anyone know what this number means, and why they would be different in a TwinX set? Both of my DIMM's have the 0343026 number on them.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    it might be a bin number, meaning those two sticks that are sold as a matched set came from the same "batch".

I think it's safe to buy that other stick. They'll be matched.
  • NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited July 2005
    Ok, thanks. So to clarify, there shouldn't be any problems running 4 CMX512-3200LLPRO sticks (2 TwinX sets) even though 3 are from the same batch and one isn't?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    There shouldn't be any problems.
  • edited July 2005
    Thrax, Whats your real name? i live in Royal Oak Michigan...
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    I heard the name "Fop Thraxinghair" being thrown around at last year's LAN, but he's also been referred to as "Little Lord Opteron" - I'm not sure which is actually his real name.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    I believe his real name is JOHN JONES THRAXINGHAM THE FOPPISH
  • edited July 2005
    John, hum i was i the ita class he is currently in, i believe i was in it like 2 years ago or so... ITA