BSOD's involving NV4dsp

jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
edited July 2005 in Hardware
I've had a 6800GT card for almost a year now, and atleast once a day I get a BSOD involving the friggin driver file nv4dsp. I've DL'd driver after driver to fix this thing (yeah, I do uninstall and use DriverCleaner3) and its only wanting to hit a BSOD when I'm logging out of Star Wars Galaxies.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited July 2005
    sorry for the late reply, but jw what operating system are you using?
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Which Windows version???
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited July 2005
    Sorry for my own late responces, was out of town with my GF.

My OS is winxp home SP2.
  • edited July 2005
    This might like a strange suggestion but get motherboard monitor and monitor your voltages.
    edited July 2005
    I havent done that, but I will when I get off work. I know i'm running a 550W PSU but its a generic one.
  • edited July 2005
    The only time it ever happens is exiting Galaxies or that's when it happens most? I'd also run memtest but if you have a 6800GT and a generic power supply I'm even more suspicious of the psu. Only the other hand it would be rather strange for a hardware problem to cause only one program to crash for a year. You have been running the error checking tool with fix erros and recover bad sectors both checked right?
    edited July 2005
    Grond wrote:
    The only time it ever happens is exiting Galaxies or that's when it happens most? I'd also run memtest but if you have a 6800GT and a generic power supply I'm even more suspicious of the psu. Only the other hand it would be rather strange for a hardware problem to cause only one program to crash for a year. You have been running the error checking tool with fix erros and recover bad sectors both checked right?

Its running on a brand new Western Digital 80gig HDD. I ghosted over my old 40gig back when I put in a new CPU. Yeah, I run error checking every friday evening along with all my other diagnostic programs. I havent run memtest86 in a long time though, so I need to do that. It only happens when I exit galaxies and rarely any other time.