Tracking progress with EMIII

SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
edited July 2005 in Folding@Home
How do I track the progress of my other computers' folding with EMIII? I saw someone do it but I'm not sure how to set it up to display their stats.

Comments

• DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited July 2005
    How do I track the progress of my other computers' folding with EMIII? I saw someone do it but I'm not sure how to set it up to display their stats.

I believe they have to be on the same network as you. I have 4 computers running at home and I'm able to see all of them on EMIII.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2005
    Share the FAH folder on the other computer and make sure you can access it with the computer that EM3 is on.

Click on the microscope in the upper left-hand corner. Click on the Small Computer on the right next to Box Path and find the FAH folder on the network that you want to monitor. Then enter the Box name and CPU info.

I have found out that I have to do the Box Path first, then the other details. Then after saving it, I will sometimes have to go back and reenter the CPU info once more.
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited July 2005
    ok thanks. I guess I'll have to wait till I get another Ethernet cable to be able to track the Celeron.
    edited July 2005
    How do I get it shared onto this computer? I set it up on the other computer to share on the network, but I can't figure out how to access it on this one.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2005
    Go into "Options" in EMIII and using the little computer icon on the lower right-hand side "Browse to the F@H Folder". Highlight the console executable and click OK. If you have the 502 console version you may see a warning that it "doesn't look like a F@H program". Disregard that and say OK. Then click "Add a Box" at the bottom of the Options screen. :)

(This assumes you are networked, have your sharing set up properly, and are using the console version - EMIII won't work on the graphical client.)
    edited July 2005
    Thanks, I've got that, but where will the shared folder be located?
    edited July 2005
    Thanks, I've got that, but where will the shared folder be located?
    It will be whichever folder you installed the console from on the computer you're trying to remotely monitor.
    edited July 2005
    I looked but the folder "folding@home" is not there.
    edited July 2005
    Just checking, but you are using the FAH502-console.exe version, right?

It will install itself and create the work folder, etc, in whatever folder it was located in when you first ran it. The easiest way I've found to set things up is to make a folder named FAH in Program Files, share it, then install the service from there. I do this the same way on all my machines so I always know where to look for it.

Do a search of your hard drive for FAH502-console.exe and note the full path where it is located. If that happens to be a temporary folder or somesuch you will want to uninstall it and start over. Before doing that, tell us where it is and we can let you know if that's a good place for it. (For instance, you really don't want it installed in the root of your C: drive.)
    edited July 2005
    It's in the "shared" folder in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\. It said I had to move it there in order to share it.
    edited July 2005
    Nevermind the above post, I figured out how to share it from C:\Program Files\. For some reason I can't access it on this computer though. Maybe my router is blocking it?
    edited July 2005
    ...For some reason I can't access it on this computer though...
    What happens when you try?
    edited July 2005
    It can't find the folder on the network.