MoveOnBoot

ronboronbo Connecticut
edited July 2005 in Science & Tech
Just wanted to pass on this information in case someone else needed it. I had a locked application on my desktop that I could not get rid of. I could not delete it, rename it, or cut it from my desktop. I did not even know what a locked application was. But whenever I tried to do anything with it a message would come up saying that it is being used by another person or program. Well, after staying up all night trying to get rid of it, I called my nephew, the smart one in my family, and he told me to download this free program called MoveOnBoot from the fine people at Gibin Software House. IT WORKED and it was so simple to use....hope I can post their link here because they deserve a mention...if the link has to be removed just go to Google and look for Gibin Software House.....
http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/fileutil/

Comments

• DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited July 2005
    Thanks for the tip. You can also download Killbox from our Security Downloads page and do the same thing. And even Hijack This has a utility to delete something on reboot.

Dexter...
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited July 2005
    Thank you Dexter, I just added killbox to my apps folder too.... :thumbsup::thumbsup: