good case fan

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited July 2005 in Hardware
I want to replace my noisy case fans with ones that you can control the speed of. I dont feel like buying a controller, but rather the fans that you can adjust the speed of on it. What do you guys think the best ones are. links would be nice! thanks

Well now that I think about it, I'd probably be buying 3-4 of the fans, and I could get a fan control think for about $30, so which ever would be cheaper, I'd like some recomendations. thanks

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    TT smart fan II http://www.frozencpu.com/fan-47.html, thats the only fan i can think of off the top of my head with an on fan controller. as for a fan controller, the vantec nexus is my favorite one ive ever had. http://store.yahoo.com/directron/nxp201.html
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited July 2005
    Yeah, the SF2s are nice. I've actually got one on my CPU, though it's adjusting based on the CPU core temperature using the little probe :) Regardless of what everyone says, I get an insanely quiet system with great temps to boot (27*C with 1400 RPM? Yes please!)

What I really want, though, are some Silenx iXtrema fans. They're pricey (~$15/fan), but amazing, and they also come with four dampeners. An 80mm fan comes in 14dB, 11dB, and 9dB versions... all of which are technically silent. I don't believe you can physically hear them. You can only hear the air moving (which is pretty soft). I think they still move around 25 CFM, too, which isn't bad at all. I wouldn't put it on your processor, but hell, I'd stick 'em all over my case. They've got all different sizes, and colors too. I think some you can control the speed of individually, but if they're silent to begin with... why bother? The others you could just rig up to a fan controller if you want, I think.

My next case/computer will use these exclusively, as well as the Silenx PSU (unless there's something better). The only thing I'd have to worry about is the CPU fan.. but, well, we'll cross that bridge when it comes.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited July 2005
    well now that i think about it, I dont feel like getting rid of the fans i have now cause that'd just be a waste, so I might as well buy a fan controller. I dont feel like spending much on one, ($20-30) so which ones do you guys suggest. I want it black so it maches the rest of my case. If you guys come across anything link it please. thanks

Nvm my i just talked to my friend and hes gonna sell me one that he has.