Can't read mobo temps

GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
edited July 2005 in Hardware
I have a new Chaintech 7NIF4 motherboard in my livingroom PC, but the temps aren't read correctly with Motherboard Monitor or SiSoft Sandra. Chaintech has a program called DigiDoc, but it must be inteded for a different mobo, becuase it doesn't read them right, either.

Temps show up as widely unrealisitc (-100*C to 280*C), and change dramatically every refresh. I would install a my Vantec Nexus or Hardcano 10 to monitor the CPU with their thermal probes, but they dont' fit behind the case door.

The PC Health page in the BIOS reads the temps correctly, but I need something to run in Windows.

Any other ideas for checking the CPU temp? I want to keep an eye on it, since I'm hoping to have it OC'd and folding 24/7 in a house without A/C. I was looking forward to logging it like I can in MBM, too. :scratch:

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2005
    Have you tried SpeedFan?
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    That's a really cool program, prof. Unfortunately, it's getting the same funky readings. I guess I'll need to email Chaintech. I'll bet a problem like this won't be high on their priority list, though :(

That program did allow me to graph these freaky readings. The time span on this chart is two minutes.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2005
    I've seen a lot of boards have that problem fixed by an updated BIOS. The fact that the PC Health page in the BIOS reads the temps correctly makes me wonder if that would work in this case, though. :scratch: