RAID issue...or something

Private_SnoballPrivate_Snoball Dover AFB, DE, USA
edited July 2005 in Hardware
Well I've had this computer for a little over a year now, and literally randomly my system will not boot up. When the system POSTs it checks the raid setup then shows up with:

Incomplete Raid Set ! Press Alt+f2 or Ctrl+s to enter raid utility

I was on the phone with my cousin who lives 3 states away trying to explain the situation, and I reset my CMOS, loaded with defaults but I could not get passed the BIOS again because it said ERROR: Default Load Settings.

If anyone could help I would very much appreciate it.

The system this is happening on is:
Athlon xp 3000+
Western Digital 80gb (x2)
A7N8X-deluxe

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    First off dont panic.

Boot up the machine and go into the BIOS to get rid of the ERROR. This is because the system has no settings and requires you to reset them up :)

Then go into the RAID bios (using ALT+F2) and see if it detects your RAID setup. It should do and then when you reboot, it will be happy and boot :)

If not, post back!
  • Private_SnoballPrivate_Snoball Dover AFB, DE, USA
    edited July 2005
    Okay, I've done as you said and checked the RAID setup and it acknowledges my raid setup. So I go to boot again and make it passed my first issue but now it keeps loading, then gets to a point where it says. PLEASE INSERT BOOT DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

I'm lost at this point. Do I need the WinXP disk? If I do I'm in trouble, I may have sort of trown that away on accident :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If it is something different, then that is a relief. Either way thanks for the help so far.
    edited July 2005
    Check and see if the machine is set to boot from the SATA RAID :)
  • Private_SnoballPrivate_Snoball Dover AFB, DE, USA
    edited July 2005
    Shorty wrote:
    Check and see if the machine is set to boot from the SATA RAID :)

If you don't mind me asking, how do I check that exactly? I could probably figure it out, but I don't want to have to guess and check and potentially mess something up and not know about it. Also for the past year it's been booting on RAID, but I assume that went I popped out te CMOS I reset it to boot on IDE.
    edited July 2005
    Your assumption is correct :)

You should have a boot order in the BIOS. Make sure RAID is what it is booting from. Consult the motherboard manual if you are unsure where that option is :)