Anyone else had as bad iPod luck as I have?

FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
edited August 2005 in Hardware
I just sent my THIRD iPod this year back to apple for replacement. This one I just got 2 weeks ago.

I am so sick of having to send these iPods back to Apple, wait for Apple to return it. And reload the gad dern iPod only to have it die again shortly after.

Anyone else have this kind of luck with their iPod?

What really sux is I am moving at the end of this month and if the iPod doesn't get here before then I guess the new tenants of my current house get a free iPod.

so frustrated...

Comments

• macdude425macdude425 Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
    edited July 2005
    Nope, I've had great luck with my iPod shuffle. All of my friends who have an iPod haven't had any problems either. I feel sorry for you; your situation has to suck.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    iPod = overrated.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    kanezfan wrote:
    iPod = overrated.

Kanez = right, I dont see the big deal, theres alot of better music players out there for 1/2 the price
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    FormFactor wrote:
    What really sux is I am moving at the end of this month and if the iPod doesn't get here before then I guess the new tenants of my current house get a free iPod.

Why can't you fill out a change of address form with the USPS?
    :scratch:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Had a friend had an ipod for a year and a half or so. Coincidentally thats the expected life of the lithium-ion battery inside the thing, it started to not hold a charge like a leaky bucket. so he called apple and they told him they would replace the ipod, with a used one of course for $100 dollar or so. He told them to shove it up their @$$ and bought a creative zen, he hasnt had a problem with it, and it cost less than the ipod.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited July 2005
    Well you can change the battery yourself for 30$. I just wish I could have one work long enough to stop hoilding a charge. ;D

And Preacher, they use DHL to ship. Im hoping I can catch them in the process of shipping it back and either pick it up, or have them drop it off at the new address.

I really luv the iPod when its working. I think its great. The on the go playlist feature is awesome. Im hoping maybe they give me an iPod photo after the nasty message I sent them about being disgusted with how flaky they are. Doubtful.
    edited July 2005
    Nice luck, apple belives they are supperior to any other company on the market. And for some reason, some people believe it????
    edited July 2005
    heh heh heh, just remembered this, stole it from thrax, but I dont think its on his sig anymore.

Mactarded (Adj.):
    1. The quality of being preposterously contradictory to marketing.
    2. The deluded belief that products designed by Apple Computers are vastly superior to the competition.
    3. Term that describes the speed of operation and/or engineering quality on Apple Macintosh components.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited July 2005
    Nice luck, apple belives they are supperior to any other company on the market. And for some reason, some people believe it????

Tell me about it. They always send a list of instructions with all these pompous statements like "If you fail to follow instructions, you may not recieve a replacement" and a lot of other things that sound pompous.

Its like they are saying "If you are a moron, and can't handle a sheet of instructions, then you are not worthy of our product, and we will not replace it for you."
    edited July 2005
    I like that word, "pompous" heh heh heh...I gonna start using it at school and to the teacher. I can see it now.... "andy, would you get the lights" ... "no that is poppycock, simply pompus I tell you"
  • edited August 2005
    Well that is how apple works. Its their product without much if any outside interference. Apple make apple and support apple atleast they did. But for the Ipods sake they make apple sell apple eat apple drink apple.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2005
    Preacher wrote:
    Why can't you fill out a change of address form with the USPS?
    :scratch:
    lol