Time for a new camera

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited July 2005 in Hardware
Well as some of you probably know I'm lookin for a new camera and I was looking at the canon A520 because of its size and image resolution. But today I stumbled on the canon S1 IS with a 10x optical zoom which impressed me very much. and I also saw some pictures that people had taken with the camera and they were very crisp and vivid.

I was doing some reading and it shares some of its componets with the higher end cameras that Canon sells. After seeing how much better the images were and thinking how nice the 10x optical zoom would be I quickly forgot about the possible weight size issues, after all, I was considering buying a 35mm SLR, but decided against because of cost of film and lenses.

For such an improvement over the A520 I wouldn't mind spending an extra $50 for the camera. But what I dont want is another camera dying on me atfter just short of two years of service.

Does anyone have or has had this camera. I wanna know if It's a good camera or a no-go before I dish out the money for it. gonna be $350 after a $30 discount for the camera, 256 mb memory, Ni-MH baterrys, charger, and case.
This discussion has been closed.