LCD 26" 10ms 400:1 OK FOR GAMES??

SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
edited July 2005 in Hardware
yo whats up all? its been a while since last post..lol

well here it is.

im getting this LCD for my b-day and i was wondering if this would look and perform good playing games like BF2, and thats about it!*! :D a friend online told me about this tv and i have found it cheap..Let me know what ya think..!

and yes i will be hookin this up to my apollo 6600gt DVI-out..
Screen Size: 26"
Widescreen: Yes
Brightness: 450 cd/m2
Contrast: 400:1
Response Time: 10ms
HD-Ready: Yes
DVI: Yes

Description

ilo 26" Widescreen HD Monitor LCD TV Features:

TFT LCD technology for vivid, rich colors
Resolution: 1,280 x 768 WXGA
26" widescreen (16:9 ratio) format shows movies and programs at their best
HDTV (High Definition) capable; requires a set-top box, purchased separately, to receive high definition signals
VGA input; may also be used as a giant computer monitor for easier spreadsheets and better gaming
DVI input
Great value for the price
Integrated TV tuner (NTSC)
Buttons located on top of the panel; they are out of sight for a clean look, but still offer easy access
Loaded with fine design touches like the sleek black brushed aluminum bezel (frame around the screen)
Cord-concealing panel in rear for neat installation
Basic cable set with L-shaped low-profile design takes up little space
Swivel base to adjust screen to the perfect viewing angle
Base detaches for space-saving wall mount option
Audio output
Integrated stereo speakers reduce clutter in a room
Stereo headphone output
Anti-glare and reflection-reducing technology
A/V, S-video, component video inputs for connecting VCR, DVD, DTV set-top box, camcorder and video games
Refresh rate: 16 ms
Brightness: 450 cd/m2
Contrast ratio: 400:1
Viewing angle: 176 degrees horiz. and vert.
Sleep timer: 30 to 240 minutes
Multi-language
Multi-subtitle capability
Zoom play
Lightweight; thin profile design

Lets Get A Discussin Going.!! Whats Youre Perferd Monitor??? :)

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    I think it would work. I've used a 27" Samsung SDTV at 1024x768, and with the font sizes turned up, it played games OK. I think on an HDTV (which is planned for my future) it would work very well. And the 10ms refresh rate of the TV you're looking at means no ghosting. :thumbsup:
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    just remember that the quoted response time is for switching between the two shade that yield the lowest number. This isn't an average or anything like that. In a number of LCD reviews people have tested the entire range, the worst areas are often 3-5 times as slow.
    Make sure that you test it out, you can't just go by the numbers.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited July 2005
    Yea that should owork fine. I used an HDTV for a while, but it didnt work right... Resolutions didnt work right, and when they did, the sides of the picture were cut off which was really annoying. This was over DVI on a rear projection screen that warned against hooking it up to a PC though.

That should rock for BF2 :thumbsup:
  • JonseyJonsey Microsoft Corporation
    edited July 2005
    Well, since it's a poll, I feel compelled to respond.

I often use my TV as my monitor. Having a 42" 1080p Plasma TV at home, with DVI and VGA inputs, well, it really works out okay for me. :p

On my current PC, I've played through HL2 on it, using 848x400 (480?) widescreen.... C'est Magnifiqe. ;D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    If you're displaying to a television, your video card driver's control panel will have an option buried somewhere inside to control the overscan. This essentially works like the setting screen height and width does on a monitor's controls, and it can be used to bring an image within the borders of the television screen.
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited July 2005
    well i hoping that this tv work good with my games im expecting that it might not be GREAT but im hoping it will be alot of fun!thanks guys
  • edited July 2005
    Obviously a monitor with a lower response time would be superior, but with a 10ms response time, it should be alright.