Definately thinking about getting some OCZ ram for my new super rig.

jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
edited July 2005 in Hardware
I'm looking at getting some performance OCZ ram. Mainly because of performace and price tag. This will also be my first time OCing, so I dont wanna get something thats gonna blow a hole in my pocket if I accidentally bork it up. Heres a link to what I'm looking at:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820227031

Hows this stuff going to fare with a AMD 3700+ San Diego chip, Asus SLI Delux board, and 2 7800GTX's in SLI?

Comments

• edited July 2005
    If you are spending that much on the mobo, proc and vid cards, why are you scimping on the ram? I would suggest you start off buying just 1 7800GTX and spending the extra money on the fastest ram you can find. You can always buy your second 7800GTX later and do your SLI thing. After all, with the ram you linked to, that would definitely be the weakest link in your setup and buying some ram that can run 2-2-2-5 timings at 200 HTT or tight timings at higher HTT speeds if you plan to overclock would be your best course.
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited July 2005
    Yeah, you have a good point there.

What do you suggest?
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2005
    Some suggest the OCZ VX if you have the DFI. The OCZ Plat. Rev2 sticks with TCCD are great sticks. The Patriot sticks with TCCD are cheaper and just as good. Some people here have some.
    edited July 2005
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    The Platinum rev 2 is Samsung IC's, but i can't tell what the Patriots are. The Samsung binning is tighter now than it was before ,but 270+ is still very common with the newer rev 2's.
    edited July 2005
    MackanzOCZ wrote:
    The Platinum rev 2 is Samsung IC's, but i can't tell what the Patriots are. The Samsung binning is tighter now than it was before ,but 270+ is still very common with the newer rev 2's.

I went with the OCZ rev 2. Getting 1gig now and will probably get another gig once I have betsy up and running.