Digital or Film Camera?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited July 2005 in Internet & Media
I am in the market for a new Camera... it needs to be decent. But I really cant afford more than $100 :(

Are there any Film Camera's or about $100 that are pretty good? I need one soon for a project I am going to be taking a bunch of photos of something I'll be modeling in 3D. But i need high resolutution.... so I would scan in the negatives for best quality.

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    I would recommend going for the Digital camera. It might cost a bit more than your budget to get a decent one, but if you shop around you can find some nice prices.

If you do decide to go with an analog camera, don't spend as much as $100.

Unlike digital cameras, there is not much difference between analog cameras. The only reason to spend more than $30 on an analog camera is if you need special lenses or modular flash cubes, or some other special feature...

If all you need is a point-and-shoot camera, then $20-30 should get you everything that you need.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    If you don't need zom for your project you can get some OK digitals for $100.
    With either film of digital you are really paying for the optics (lenses).
    If you can handle the cost of the film and processing then look for a good used film camera.
    Heck, if you were nearby I would loan you film cameras. There are a lot of decent ones out there as people convert to digital.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Film is still much higher quality which is why I am conisdering a film camera. But Digital is nice to have becuase I can delete any bad pictures. But I have to make sure I buy one with a good CCD, and a decent LCD, plus it would need good battery life, and of course be very steady for when I am not using a tripod and etc...etc...etc....

The one I have now is a Nikon something or another, 3MP but just not all around good. High quality images take a minute to finish... it's just so slow. :shakehead