Wich Brand for Nvidia?

edited August 2005 in Hardware
hey i was going to get dual 6600 Gt's and i was wondernig wich brand wud be good? i was thinkin of evga? wat is the best

Comments

• RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited July 2005
    I would definately go with the eVGA or leadtek. There was an article over at anandtech.com that had comparisons between them all. The leadtek came up on top, but the eVGA wasnt out yet.
  • edited July 2005
    i was thinkinh shud i get a single 6800 gt? or dual 6600? and WAt about BFG since there OC'ed
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    ide get a single 6800, cuz you can always get anouther down the road, EVGA all the way
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    I've had two EVGA 6800GTs (1 AGP and 1 PCI-E). They both were great cards.
  • edited August 2005
    well now i am gona swithc to the 7800 BFG OR EVGA? ( wat are the diff's besides the bfg being OC'ed and the EVga not being oc'ed)
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Check out www.anandtech.com. They have rated several 7800s.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2005
    besides the bfg being OC'ed and the evga not being OC'ed, one is a bfg and one is an evga.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    besides the bfg being OC'ed and the evga not being OC'ed, one is a bfg and one is an evga.
    no bfg is the newb, they charge you 30-60 more dollars for a mundane 30mhz. if your gunna overclock your gunna void the warranty. so why pay more money for a card that is gunna go the same distance, and if your not gunna overclock that small increase in speed your not going to notice.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2005
    lol i really didnt have a clue, so i just said something.

I agree - stay with the warranty. With a very expensive card like the 7800gtx, you'll probably wanna be very careful with your investment :)