HELP!! Wont POST

07mavribea07mavribea Perth, Western Australia
edited July 2005 in Hardware
I bought 512mb Hynix DDR 400 and opened my computer to put it in. I did without problems and put everything back together. I turned my computer on and it posted as normal, then in the post it said updating complete on the bottom line and did nothing after that. I restarted and the computer did one beap and just showed the mainboard picture (the first thing it does normally) and then doesn't post. I cant enter bios or anything.

I pulled the RAM out and set up as i had it originally when it was working and the same thing happened. I get one beep, the HDD revs up by the com does not POST. I am sure i did not short it as i grounded myself, took two steps then started working on the computer. The lights on the mainboard stay on the whole time.

Can anybody help as this is kind of urgent, thanks!

Comments

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2005
    Did you reset the bios and check all the cables are still connected securely?
  • 07mavribea07mavribea Perth, Western Australia
    edited July 2005
    Thanks for replying bothered, i did reset the bios on 4 occasions to no prevail. I have checked the cables over atleast twice. I left the computer off all night and didn't change a thing, and it worked this morning for some bizare reason. The same set up wouldn't POST about 5 twice last night before i called it a day. Then this morning it worked, without the 512 stick though. Thanks
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited July 2005
    if u pull all of the ram out, the board should make a series of beeps ( telling u that u dont have any ram installed ) does it by chance do that if u remove all of the ram and start it?

or have u givien up on the new stick of ram, also not all ram is compatable with all machines, for instance i lent a guys a gig of ram that worked perfectly good for me but wouldnt post for him.