Color photo to black and white

ClutchClutch North Carolina New
edited July 2005 in Internet & Media
I took a picture of my aunt and uncles dog over the weekend. I was playing around in Photoshop and decided to make it black and white, so I thought it turned out pretty well. I really like black and white pictures. Anyway, here it is. Thought I would share.

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Looks better in B&W... Good looking dog too. Nice shot. :thumbsup:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    The picture would look better if you took it when the outside light wasn't so bright. The sidewalk is completely white, removing any texture from it. The bright white takes your eye away from the dog as well.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited July 2005
    I see what you mean about the sidewalk being white and all, good tip. I'm still learning these new tips and tricks.
    edited July 2005
    You also have to watch the really dark areas for the same thing - if it's too far underexposed, you'll only see black, and no texture there either. It happens a little with the dog's coat, but that's fine because the dog is black :)
    edited July 2005
    What do you think about this photo. I took it last night, it's a pic of my dads watch.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2005
    that's a pretty ****ty watch :D
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited July 2005
    Try one like this.
    edited July 2005
    Clutch wrote:
    What do you think about this photo. I took it last night, it's a pic of my dads watch.

It looks like a pic of a watch. What exactly were you trying to do with the picture (other than show us a scratched watch)?
    edited July 2005
    Just wanted to see if I should darken it more, maybe a little brighter? I just want to find out what other people see, so I can get more views on what I should try to change, etc. to make it look better.

Madball: That is a cool picture, I like how the color of the toy sticks out, cool effect.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    edited July 2005
    Ah, that looks really good Thrax. *Clutch takes mental note*