I think my MB is gone

maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
edited July 2005 in Hardware
In my other computer i have a AMD Athlon XP 2400+ and 1 GB Ram and a MSI motherboard. What happens is when i try to go and turn it on, the cpu fan spins up and the hard drives spin up but there is no picture, just a blank screen, no post, no boot no nothing. I know the video card is good because it works in my system. What do you think could be wrong with it? I'm thinking the MB got fried from a couple of thunderstorms we had here not too long ago. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited July 2005
    Uh oh, I hate those kind of problems. First thing I would try, is to remove your cmos battery from the mainboard (keep it out for like 5 minutes), re-insert. Remove all ram except for one stick, disconnect all IDE/SATA drives, insert graphics card, and try to boot again. Another thing (may sound silly) but, if that does not work, try to remove your mainboard from your case, and attempt a boot-up with the board on a piece of cardboard or something. I've had bizzare issues, where simply dissasembling the system helps.
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited July 2005
    ok thanks for the help, i'll try that stuff when i get home from work tonight