Diagonal lines in LCD

CaptainHCaptainH Granger, Indiana
edited July 2005 in Hardware
Hi everyone! New here! I have a question about my LCD display. Under dark backgrounds, more noticeably black, there are stationary faint diagonal lines in both directions. I don't believe this is the screen door effect because, correct me if I'm wrong , they are not horizontal and vertical. These diagonal lines seem to have a kind of faint white glow and are invisible under white or bright color backgrounds. My LCD display is a Sceptre X9g-NagaII. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1071547&CatId=170
I have searched all over the web for info on this with no luck. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited July 2005
    see if you can RMA it
  • CaptainHCaptainH Granger, Indiana
    edited July 2005
    I emailed Sceptre about it so we'll see if they respond. Everytime I see an LCD display in the store or at a friends I always check for the lines but have never seen them. This is my first LCD so I wasn't sure if it was just normal for the technology right now. Is it pretty safe to say that this isn't just normal for some LCD's?
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    CaptainH wrote:
    Is it pretty safe to say that this isn't just normal for some LCD's?
    Yes, it's safe to say that, but check the res and brightness on LCD with its Onscreen Display versus driver in Windows also, and shaping if you have that available in the onscreen display.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Are you running a digital connection? This could be line noise/bad connector/cable.
    edited July 2005
    I have tried both the digital and analog connections. I've tried messing with all the settings in the monitors OSD. Nothing helps. I think I'll try a different video card and see what happens.
    edited July 2005
    Different video card same thing. Maybe this is a Sceptre thing. Does anyone know anything about this brand? I haven't heard of it until I bought this monitor. Maybe I should have went with a different brand. At the time I thought it was a good deal.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited July 2005
    fill out and submit an RMA form

also you could try this:

Why is my display distorted/fuzzy/blurry/unclear?
    Please do the following steps:
    1. Please connect the LCD Panel directly to the computer (eliminate any extension cables or splitter box). If you connect it to a notebook/laptop, please connect it directly to the notebook (eliminate the docking station).
    2. Please set the LCD panels to its native resolution:
    - 12" LCD Panel: 800x600
    - 14"-15" LCD Panel: 1024x768
    - 17"-18" LCD Panel: 1280x1024
    3. Please use "The Auto Adjust" on the User's Controls' OSD (On Screen Display); please refer to the User's Manual.
    Note: 12" LCD Panel does not have this control; so you have the "Phase" and "Clock" manually; please refer to the User's Manual.
    4. Please connect to a different computer a possibility of your VGA card (inside your computer) problem.
    edited July 2005
    I am going to see if they email me back and what they say. I plan on submitting an RMA, but I would like to see what they say first. Even if I don't hear from them I'll still submit an RMA. I've tried all of the above and it still doesn't help. I just got done switching video cards with no luck. I think I just got a bad monitor or it's just a piece of you know what.