Website Critiques?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited August 2005 in Internet & Media
I'm not quite done, but this is generally the look and feel of my portfolio site. I just kinda wanted to post it over night and while I am at work tomorrow and see what anyone has to say so I can do some quick changes before I get too far.

I honestly haven't done much at all lately like I have been wanting, too tired and not enough desire. But now my hatred of my current job is giving me what I need to do what I need and to hell with being tired for the next month, better than getting stuck any longer.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    What function does that orange thing that hangs down serve?

Do you plan on centering that content right there in the page, making it stretch 100% vertically but locked horizontally? Because it doesn't look like it would expand well horizontally.

I'm not sure I dig the colours, but I definitely like the style and "Feel" of it all. I'm big on angles in web design, and most of the sites I do end up having lots of sharp angles. Feng shui for your ****ing browser!

That's all I've got.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    It's mostly the header right now, that part that hangs down is the part that kind of connects the header to the content, it's only a part of the bigger picture I suppose. I'll have it done tonight to show off. This is how wide it will be, with it scaling vertically somwhat. I don't like those self contained sites many people do, a browser has scroll bars for a reason :p

The empty header area where my logo is will soon contain a flash media player I designed and coded already(but needs to be recoded and changed a bit to fit this site). I'll have that finished tomorrow. All in all I'd like for the site to be done tomorrow evening.

I'll play with the colors a bit if maybe others don't like this color scheme too much, I can see how it can be somewhat wierd.

BTW the purpose of that thing that hangs down isn't just to connect the content to the header, but since my gallery has many different areaslike 3D, 2D, Web, Video, etc... I'm working on a kind of remote for that area and stuff.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited August 2005
    I like the general idea you have going. I'm not really feeling the colors myself. To be a site to display your work, resume, I think it should maybe be a little on the light side of colors, but that is just me.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Unfortunatly I am a tad stuck with the colors. I will have a new version of my site in about a month or so though :p I like this one, but I didn't plan it out very well from the start with ideas I am having now with creating dynamic content and such.