NF7-S resetting speeds on reboot

The-Lone-ReaperThe-Lone-Reaper Pueblo, CO/Butte, MT
edited August 2005 in Hardware
I'm hoping all ya'll can help me out here. Recently, my NF7-S has been resetting to "safe speeds" (11x100) every time I reboot so that I have to go into the BIOS setup every time and put it back to greater than tortoise-like speeds (I'm running an OCed 2500+). I'm thinking this problem is probably due to the MoBo battery (CMOS?) being dead. Would this cause these symptoms? Any other possibilities?

Thanks,
Ryan

Comments

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2005
    Have you actually checked the battery with a multimeter? I've never bought one but I'm sure they're not expensive, why not just replace it anyway and see what happens?
  • The-Lone-ReaperThe-Lone-Reaper Pueblo, CO/Butte, MT
    edited August 2005
    I don't have a multimeter at the moment and replacing it and seeing what happens makes too much sense :rolleyes: I may give that a shot. Thanks!

Ryan
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    is it just your cpu speeds that reset or is it everything youve changed in the bios
    edited August 2005
    It appears to just be the CPU speed that's changed. Like I normally have the SATA turned off, but by default it's on, and it doesn't get flipped back on every time the speed resets.
    edited August 2005
    might be pushing your oc a bit to hard, mobo will flip it to stock speeds
    edited August 2005
    I've considered that too, but I've only been running it at stable speeds that have held reliably till only recently (11x196). I've tried to go higher before, but even with my Corsair memory I haven't been able to keep it stable above this mark. Thanks for your suggestion.

Ryan
    edited August 2005
    have you tried updating ur bios?
    edited August 2005
    Did that just like a month ago to the latest available from Abit.

Ryan
    edited August 2005
    Thanks for all your suggestions, guys. I just replaced the battery but I'm still having the same problem, so more suggestions are welcome.

Ryan
    edited August 2005
    For some reason it's just started working again the way it's supposed to. I have no idea why:scratch:. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Ryan
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    I just went through this on my Abit BP-6 motherboard. It would reset the overclock speeds every time I turned it off/on.

I eventually put in a new CMOS battery, and in the BIOS settings I not only adjusted the FSB to 75 again (533 Celerons running at 600), but I manually set the multiplier to 8 even though the Celerons have locked multipliers.
    Now the overclock settings are staying.