Cannot Open msconfig

mfocilmfocil Southern Texas
edited August 2005 in Hardware
Is this is the wrong area to plst this please let me know. Is it a Virus that is preventing me from opening msconfig from Start> Run> msconfig? As most of you, I have run all Anti-Virus scans and even most AW/SW software. Is this a single Bug or can it be one of many? Can anyone help? PC is a Dell P3 running 200NT. (4 pc's altogether) I want to convert to XP, but need to remove this bug yes? All help is appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance.

RGV Guy

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Windows 2000 does not have msconfig. That functionality wasn't added to NT/2000. It's only with Windows XP :)
  • mfocilmfocil Southern Texas
    edited August 2005
    Holy Moly!!!! So in other words....I'm like a Blind man, in a dark room, chasing a black cat that isn't there!!! I feel like a Dork. :wtf: Thanks for your help!
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2005
    mfocil wrote:
    Holy Moly!!!! So in other words....I'm like a Blind man, in a dark room, chasing a black cat that isn't there!!! I feel like a Dork. :wtf: Thanks for your help!
    bwahahhaahahaha. glad you got your problem sorted out though
    ;D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    You can, however, add msconfig by downloading the executable and dumping it in the system32 directory in whatever your Windows install directory is. It'll work.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Thrax wrote:
    You can, however, add msconfig by downloading the executable and dumping it in the system32 directory in whatever your Windows install directory is. It'll work.
    Nice.. didn't know that :eek: :o