AIW 9800 Pro dual monitor question

edited August 2005 in Hardware
was happy to find this forum and from my reading it appears that this is the place to have my questions answered. I am not a video card guru and have just jumped into the deep end with a purchase of an AIW 9800 pro.

I am trying to set up a dual display and I'm having some problems. First, when using my primary CRT monitor things are great. I am still amazed.

I am running AMD 2400+ and Win2K Pro.

I am trying to configure my set-up so that I can use my CRT monitor when I am doing regular computer work. When I am gaming (MAME & NWN), watching a DVD, or running Meeido I would like to connect up to my Sony rear-projection 65" HDTV. From my reading it appears that I am not getting HDTV from my DVI --> DVI (TV) connection.

Should I use a DVI Y-splitter so I could select which display I am using? What software should I be running to accomplish this? I am sure that this has been done be someone else at sometime.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    The AIW should have came with something that allows you to output with an Svideo connection. That is what you should use to hook up ot thte HDTV, if you need to get an svideo to rca converter radio shack will rape you for one.