Overclocking correctly suggestions

indigoflow_asindigoflow_as Westerville, OH
edited August 2005 in Hardware
so i have a couple questions as to how about going through this tweaking correctly, ive been reading but i am simply too new to this

first things first, i have an A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard...i would like to ask those with experience w/ this mobo any pointers they may have in overclocking it...such as a guide to overclocking w/ this board in particular, terms and menu descriptions and everything if possible...i am relatively new to this, so many of the terms that seem to be interchangeable lose me easily. even point me to a basics guide as well if you can, with terms that might make sense to this motherboard.

ive just been turning up a couple numbers here, and a number there....clearly not the way to do it, i think.

heck, examples of the stats that those with identical motherboards would be fun as well, just to have something to reference.

goodness, i feel mighty lost about this jazz, and surely you've seen such threads many a time before. i simply ask for a push in the right direction, but anything more is always appreciated.

Comments

• PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Have you gone to ASUS' forums? I don't have that board, but the DFI Forums have many threads for general A64 overclocking. Here is one:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12960

I'd suggest you look on the ASUS forums for questions specific to your mobo. From all that I've read though, the ASUS SLI boards while stable and feature-rich are not good at overclocking.