Case Question

edited August 2005 in Hardware
Case question: I have an Antec Performance Series II SOHO File Server SX1040BII and need to remove the Motherboard before I do any case mod; I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the motherboard without having to unscrew it from the case? I want cut out a section of the case and add an exhaust fan on top of the case to improve the heat exhausting for my overwhelmingly hot power supply. I recently purchased the Seasonic S12 600 watt power supply unit, and it’s kicking out way more heat than it can exhaust, and my Northwood 3.0c has been averaging 4-5°C hotter than before the PSU was installed. I’m kind of regretting getting the Seasonic PSU, but its so friggin quiet and efficient. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows how I can remove the motherboard without unscrewing it from the base of the case…If that is even possible…And if anyone has any other suggestions to how to remove the added heat from the power supply, I’d be more than happy to hear it.

Thanks in advance,
DarnCrazy

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2005
    I've never heard of any other way to take out a motherboard unless there was a removable motherboard tray, which theres not in that case.

As for your heat issue, you might want to consider changing out the fan thats currently in the PSU to something more powerful, or even mod it to add another one.
  • edited August 2005
    Oh well, so much for it being easy to remove the mother board. As for the modification of the PSU, I added an external exhaust fan, and it didn't help at all. The temps were still crazy high. Thanks for you input though, I really appreciate it.