Where can I get a deal on a A64/mobo/ram combo?

kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
edited August 2005 in Trading Post
I checked Newegg but they have 8 pages of combos, most not what I'm looking for anyways. I'm trying to figure out what it would cost me to upgrade and be future proof for the next two or three years, so I think I'd really only go for S939. The CPU speed isn't that important since I can always upgrade that later. Right now I have a 2400+ running at 2ghz with 1gb of pc2100. The mobo is an Asus A7N8X and I hate it. Maybe I got a bad Asus mobo since most people who own them rave about them, but I'm definitely not impressed. I can't even upgrade the BIOS on this thing without it locking up on me. It sucks. I'm thiking about getting another Socket A mobo but why spend money on old technology right?

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    sometimes fry's (outpost.com) has combo deals - mostly cpu + mobo.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2005
    keep an eye on S-M's trading post, just recently tex had a good combo and omega has at least one for sale as we speak
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited August 2005
    yeah Omega65 has a bunch. If you talk to him, I bet he has more to come that he can let you know about.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Try http://www.monarchpc.com/.

I've used them multiple times, because they always seem to have a better selection of combos than NewEgg. Their prices, service, and shipping have been the equal of NewEgg's.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Contact me Kanez I got one for yas
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited August 2005
    kanezfan wrote:
    I'm thiking about getting another Socket A mobo but why spend money on old technology right?
    YGPM