Any pics on HOW the G-Power pro should sit on 939?

edited August 2005 in Hardware
Hi guys I have installed my G-Power pro on an Abit AN8 Fatal1ty motherboard however I am not too sure if its on there properly as idle temp is like max 40c i have an amd athlon 64 3500 venice core RETAIL.

So any ideas if it should be that temp as i been hearing people got like 25c idle on normal fans! also if its not right what i got in terms of temp my heatsink is facing with the pipes near the ram bays with the plate going from one side of the place where you clip the hooks to the other side if this helps!

Comments

• jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited August 2005
    Your temps are gonna be a little high for the first couple days till the thermal gease sets up. I've seen as much as 10 degree drops in a couple days.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    jradmin wrote:
    Your temps are gonna be a little high for the first couple days till the thermal gease sets up. I've seen as much as 10 degree drops in a couple days.
    That is still too high!

If my memory serves me correctly, my stock idle temp was 28-29C. My current overclocked idle temp on my 3200 Venice core (2.0) clocked to 2.7 (35% overclock) is 33C and that same CPU full load is 43C while folding. These are with a Thermalright XP-90. My 3700 overclocked to 2.8 under a Thermalright XP-120 idles at 31C and is 42 @ full load while folding. Also according to the revies I have seen you should be in the mid 20's @ idle. Did you apply AS5 correctly?
  • edited August 2005
    what is AS5?? i am using arctic silver 5 paste.

I also have another problem seems like hard drive keeps getting accessed or something for no reason now and again, my downloads are super slow even though my connection which is 7mb is fine and installations seem very slow
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    AS5= Arctic Silver 5.

It seems that you may have spyware. I would suggest goin to that forum and posting a HJT log.