DVDRW Media Question

KometeKomete Member
edited August 2005 in Hardware
Hi all, I've been burning DVD's for over a year now on one burn dvd's. I ordered RW DVD so if I have something I want to watch on the big screen I can but not wast a dvd. My question is it always rewritable or do I have to be carefull to select something so later on it can be erased and reused?

Comments

• NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited August 2005
    Yes, they are always rewritable (unless you scratch them the wrong way) as long as you buy and use DVD RW Discs. The same goes for CD RW.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited August 2005
    checkmate wrote:
    Yes, they are always rewritable (unless you scratch them the wrong way) as long as you buy and use DVD RW Discs. The same goes for CD RW.

THanks a lot man I've been through a hundread dvd's and countless cd's but I just wasnt too sure about rewritables.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    The only thing I'd add is that some home players (I assume that's what you meant by "on the big screen") may not like RW discs. You won't know for sure until you try, though. :)
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited August 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    The only thing I'd add is that some home players (I assume that's what you meant by "on the big screen") may not like RW discs. You won't know for sure until you try, though. :)

My elcheapo 39.99 walmart progresive player will play anything under the sun ;D Image quality isn't as good as my sony dvd player but to date it'll play it all. I just tried the dvdrw and it worked like a champ.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    Komete wrote:
    My elcheapo 39.99 walmart progresive player will play anything under the sun ;D Image quality isn't as good as my sony dvd player but to date it'll play it all. I just tried the dvdrw and it worked like a champ.
    You know, it's the weirdest thing in the world, but that seems to be the case more often than not. My dad's expensive player, which supposedly handles everything, has all sorts of troubles with certain brands of blank discs. My no-name $20 player has played everything I've stuck in there. Somebody has some explaining to do... ;D
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited August 2005
    Yea it's funny how that works out isn't it?
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited August 2005
    No problem! I was typing so fast because I wanted to be the first to answer your question :thumbsup: