Force optimizations?

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited August 2005 in Folding@Home
I just checked EM111 to see how things were going. PC1 is running an XP3200+, PC2 is a 2400 Sempron. The Sempron was going to take 8 hours longer to do a 600 point gromac than the 3200 was to do a 136 point gromac. I checked the logs. PC1 was using SSE boost untill yesterday when the PC just rebooted itself, thereafter it wasn't. I rebooted and now it is again and the times are more realistic. Problem is, it's been running all night without SSE thus, a lot slower than it should. Why would SSE be used on one startup and not another? Is there anything I can do (other than keep checking the log every time I restart) to ensure it's running at its max speed?

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    usually they don't use SSE if it senses a stability/accuracy problem. If you're sure that's not the case, you can use the -forceasm flag
  • S_WilsonS_Wilson Meridian, ID
    edited August 2005
    It is because the pc rebooted itself and FAH did not have a graceful exit. When this happens, if you just shut down the client and restart it then all will be fine without having to reboot.

Something you need to look into is why it rebooted? If it was due to the power company then no problem but if heat or too much overclock is the problem then you have a little work to do.