which bios to OC

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited August 2005 in Hardware
Hey, I just got a watercooling kit mainly to make my pc much quieter, but recently overclocking my cpu has been running through my mind. Anyway I was just wondering, all the speeds/multipliers are locked in my bios, and I need to find a way to unlock them. I have an ASUS k8v SE Deluxe motherboard, and an AMD 64 3200+ newcastle processor. My bios is by American Megatrends and it is version 1004.006 and made on 08/03/2004. If anyone knows of a bios that will allow me to overclock my processor please post a link, or just say which version bios i need and by who. thanks

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Everything locked on an Asus board? I've been out of the loop for a while but that doesn't sound right. Are you sure there isn't an option in there somewhere to enable alteration of speeds and settings?
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited August 2005
    I serached all over and i couldnt really find anything. What options should i be looking for?
    edited August 2005
    TMH sent me some screenshots and although I can't see much/(anything) it looks like it is a Phoenix BIOS which explains the lack of well... anything.
    edited August 2005
    Carrying on from the AIM conversation, this is the latest BIOS: http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock754/k8v_se_dx/1008-001.zip
    (damn thing kept putting a smiley face in it in the AIM window)
    edited August 2005
    thanks. Anyway I reflashed my bios with that one, using ASUS e z flash and it completely messed it up. Thankfully i had a spare bios chip that i popped in and it had a different bios with the stuff unlocked.
    edited August 2005
    Heh, that begs the question, are you sure you have a ASUS k8v SE Deluxe? As it really shouldn't mess up...
    edited August 2005
    I am absolutely 110% sure i have an ASUS k8v SE deluxe. I am so sure of it because I ordered one from newegg and the board they sent be was dead. So i kept on calling ASUS for help before i RMA'ed it(i called probably about 10 times), and everytime I called they asked which board i have. So yes, I am positive its a k8v se deluxe.