fan controller? cooling mod results

athalonheadathalonhead Member
edited August 2005 in Hardware
I took my computer all apart and cut out all the grilles and put in a blowhole.The one in the sig. This is my first build and I am using it now. I want to get my coolest temps before I overclock the cpu

It has 2 80mm exhaust fans
2 80mm exhaust blowhole
2 80mm intakes in the ft lower case with a switch to turn them off for testing and I found that the mother board temp was about 5 degrees cooler with them on and about 2 or 3 degrees cooler on cpu temp.

If i pull off the side cover the cpu temp goes down about 3 or 4 degrees So I think i still need better case flow. So I want to put in some high flow fans and a fan controller

My question about the controller is can I connect 2 fans wiring together and run them on one dial on the controller? I am probally going to use this thermaltake controller
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999137

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    well... yes depending on how quality the panel you buy is. i personally ran like 3 fans off each line with this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813999502. thats the only fan controller ive ever used, so thats the only one i can represent
  • athalonheadathalonhead Member
    edited August 2005
    Ok Thats what I needed to know. I didnt know if connecting the rpm wires would cause problems with the controller. Thanks
    I was looking at the silver version of that controller too.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    why not cut a gazillion holes into the case side and cover it from the inside with a filtering material of some sort?
  • athalonheadathalonhead Member
    edited August 2005
    why not cut a gazillion holes into the case side and cover it from the inside with a filtering material of some sort?
    I was thinking I may meed more intake because the fans blow alot less air when the side is on.
    I opened up an area in the ft and took out 2 of the plugs below the video card. I was thinking about drilling holes along the bottom of the side pannel but I didnt want to mess up the the front to rear air flow.