AMD Athlon 64 prices dropped on Newegg.

jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
edited August 2005 in Hardware
Was just looking there this morning and noticed that the prices dropped down a good $80 on the 64 chips. The 4000+ SD I was lookin at dropped $80 :)

Comments

• Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited August 2005
    Get an X2 instead of the single core 4000+. Or you'll be kicking yourself in a few months
  • OrianeOriane Turn around.
    edited August 2005
    Omega65 wrote:
    Get an X2 instead of the single core 4000+. Or you'll be kicking yourself in a few months

I agree- and even the X2s have come down a little too.

But you've got to admit, the fire-sale on single cores has just begun- and they ain't bad at all :mullet:
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited August 2005
    Omega65 wrote:

I dont really know all that much about dual cores. Everything I've worked with thus far has been singles, and mainly intel till the last 8 months. What the difference going to be i na few months? and if its that big a difference, why not just get one then when they are cheaper?
    edited August 2005
    If you're going Single core get either the 3200+, 3500+ or the 3700+ and OC!
    edited August 2005
    jradmin wrote:
    I dont really know all that much about dual cores. Everything I've worked with thus far has been singles, and mainly intel till the last 8 months. What the difference going to be i na few months? and if its that big a difference, why not just get one then when they are cheaper?
    A few months is when you'll realize your Mistake
    If I only knew then what I know know...

Dual Core CPU systems are more responsive and FEEL faster than single core systems. Check out how the FX-55 (1x 2.6ghz 1MB core) Lags behind the Dual core 4200+ (2x 2.2ghz 512K cores) and the X2 4800+ (2x 2.4ghz 1MB cores) when you start running multiple apps

Anandtech 4200+ & 4800 Preview