Unexpected Shutdown??

edited August 2005 in Hardware
Anyone know why sometimes my PC will almost shutdown?? It goes black, and the light turns orangish. Like it's half on. I hold the button in to turn it off and sometimes it doesn't like to come on.. If anyone knows, I would appreciate it. :D

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    sounds like sleep/low power mode. When does it happen?

-Check your control panel -> power management menu
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited August 2005
    Could be Hibernate?
  • edited August 2005
    I assume "Power Options" would be the same right? That's all there is in Control Panel. It is set to never hibernate. It shut off while replying to this. Could it be a virus?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Could also be a faulty PSU.
  • edited August 2005
    Black Hawk wrote:
    Could also be a faulty PSU.

How do I check?!?! lol.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Umm.. other than trying a spare PSU, you could check the voltages in the bios and see if they're good.
  • edited August 2005
    Black Hawk wrote:
    Umm.. other than trying a spare PSU, you could check the voltages in the bios and see if they're good.

yeah.. I feel like i'm asking too much but how?? newby it up a little.. lol.. I suck.
    edited August 2005
    When you turn on the machine hit Delete (del) and it should enter the bios. Depending on what bios you have there should be a menu that displays the temperature of various stuff and the voltages.

Ok. What on the pc turns amber (orangish) when it almost shuts down? The monitor or the case?
  • edited August 2005
    Black Hawk wrote:
    When you turn on the machine hit Delete (del) and it should enter the bios. Depending on what bios you have there should be a menu that displays the temperature of various stuff and the voltages.

Ok. What on the pc turns amber (orangish) when it almost shuts down? The monitor or the case?

Tried Delete, didn't work. Tried f12 too, but none of those options said Bios.

When it goes out, both the monitor and Tower go orange.