enlighten me

2»

Comments

• edited August 2005
    I could have sworn I saw an x800xl on newegg last night for $225.

Maybe I didn't :bawling:

And Pilotwings, I'm just trying to help here, I'm trying to get him the best card possible for the least amount of money.

I'm just saying that he may not be satisfied with the performance he gets with a 6800.

If you get a 6800 GT you can overclock it to 6800 Ultra speeds, that is a card you will definitely be satisfied with.

The ATi counterpart would be the x800XL.

Well here's one for $210:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122195R

I've heard very good things about newegg refurb, and it is indeed a 6800 gt.

Thoughts?
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    i dont mind refurbs, had a lot of them, theyve always been good and came with a waranty. but anyhting is better than my 8 meg trident, i just wanna game and have good framerates.

that does look like a nice card, but does it at least come with the driver cd?
  • edited August 2005
    It might / it might not.

But even if it doesn't, your computer will boot, and you'll be able to download the newest drivers from nvidias website.
    edited August 2005
    @#!@!$ that product sold out.

i was seriously gonna order it in the morning, i was psyched man. erghhh

what do ya think the chance are of findin another 6800 gt for that price
    edited August 2005
    just so the people that didnt read the begining im on agp 4/8x and im really wanting to get an Nvidia based card, some of my friends have n's and some of them have radeons, and i really think the nvidia cards look and perform better.

i just hope that i can find another 6800 GT for that price, and i really like the idea of being able to overclock a GT to ultra speeds fairly easy, my friends would all be pretty damn jealous, the best they have is a vanilla 6800 overclocked. he couldnt unlock the card and maintain stability in some games.