Irql_not_less_or_equal

edited September 2005 in Hardware
Hi,
After trying to repair an xp pro installation I receive a blue screen that with the title: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Below it says that I have to check if I installed new software or hardware.
At the bottom of the page I receive: STOP:0x0000000A (0x0A130025,0X00000002,0X0000000,0X804EDCD5)
BEGINING DUMP OF PHSICAL MEMORY
DUMPING PHSICAL MEMORY
And the computer reboots (IN A LOOP).
I took out all the devices and but still received the same message.
Tried to boot with xp cd, safe mode, erd commander but cant bypass the looping message .
What else can be done? O.s xp pro, Pentium 3 733, 256 ram memory h.d western digital 135 AA
Thanks,
Bendi

Comments

• qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited August 2005
    Try running memtest: it will verify that memory is functioning.

http://www.memtest.org
  • edited August 2005
    qparadox wrote:
    Try running memtest: it will verify that memory is functioning.

http://www.memtest.org
    tried it the memory is fine.
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited August 2005
    Try checking your ATA cable for the HD, make sure its seated nicely and that there's no tears / kinks. If you've got another try replacing it.

Also check that your CPU temps are reasonable.

Oh and welcome to Short Media :).
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL means your computer encountered a hardware/driver issue. Since you get the error while loading Windows, that means there's a good chance it's your graphics card. Have you installed your graphics card drivers yet or is it still running the Microsoft default drivers?

-drasnor :fold:
  • edited August 2005
    drasnor wrote:
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL means your computer encountered a hardware/driver issue. Since you get the error while loading Windows, that means there's a good chance it's your graphics card. Have you installed your graphics card drivers yet or is it still running the Microsoft default drivers?

-drasnor :fold:
    I installed my graphics drivers
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    Did you use the ones off the CD that came with the card, or have you looked for an updated driver?

You might check NIC drivers, too. After video cards they are the biggest system killer when it comes to faulty drivers. :)
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited August 2005
    Did it FINISH the xp repair install? Or did this start durring teh repair or what?

Tex
  • edited August 2005
    Tex wrote:
    Did it FINISH the xp repair install? Or did this start durring teh repair or what?

Tex
    didnt finish the repair
    edited August 2005
    Then thats a problem. And sort of a key ommission in information to help ya.

Tex
  • edited August 2005
    what do you mean by key ommission?
    edited August 2005
    We are all trying to help you update drivers, thinking that may be the problem. If you have an incomplete repair install it would have been nice to know, seeing as how you probably have boatloads of drivers either incomplete or not there at all.

Have you tried re-running the repair install? If so, what happened?
    edited August 2005
    "An important piece of information you left out".

The repair install was started but not completed? We need to start there. Which also means that no you do not have video or chipset drivers loaded as you mentioned above. You have a major FUBAR'd install at the moment.

Can you give more info on the exact hardware we are working with?

Tex
  • edited August 2005
    Thanks guys,
    I decided to format (too much time dealing with this).
    Thanks for the help!
    Bendi
  • edited August 2005
    I had simular problem. I don't think that formating will solve your problems. I had formating my OS more than I coluld count. And problem has always came back :(
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2005
    if the problem continually comes back for you, and you didn't have an incomplete repair install like the guy above, then you have an issue with bad hardware

the first thing I'm going to suggest is that you run memtest

secondly, have you tried doing the install with only the NECESSARY hardware installed (i.e. ram, video card, hard drive, cd drive and thats it)?
  • edited August 2005
    I decide to solve my problems with buying a new PC. I'm ineresting in one possibility. Could this problem create a modem hardware? My first suspisions is releated to memory. Sorry for my bad english
    edited August 2005
    That error indicates a problem accessing a memory range. This could be due to bad memory or a bad driver trying to force other hardware to use a reserved memory range.
    edited August 2005
    And its been almost 50/50 with me and my clients. Often just bad memory. But often complete chipset/video/drivers updates sort it out a great deal.

Reloading windows with the same drivers usually just duplicates the probs. Sometimes a older or newer driver fixes it.

The hard part is knowing WHAT to update.

You know when I run systems WITHOUT highend Nvidia or ATI video controllers I'm not sure if I have ever once in my life seen this it that it wasnt memory probs?

It seems to be driver related much more with fancy nvidia/ati video cards

Tex
  • edited August 2005
    Well I formatted an all is well!
    Thanks for all of you.
    Bendi
  • edited September 2005
    Do you run Norton at all?
  • edited September 2005
    Yes,
    I formated the h.d and now all is well.
    Thanks,