How do I OC Athlon 64 3500 on AN8 Fatal1ty board?

edited August 2005 in Hardware
Hi guys this is what I have Abit AN8 Fatal1ty (non sli) latest bios, 2x512mb cl2.5 PC3200 OCZ Premier series ram (will have another 2x512mb soon)
And Amd athlon 64 3500 venice core cpu with a gigabyte g-power pro cpu.

Could anyone please tell me what exact settings I should use to get a higher speed please? without frying anything? Seems like my cpu is around 38-40idle strange really and am using artic silver paste too!!

Many thanks!!

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2005
    Those temps are above what they should be. My 3200+ temps are lower than that at full load with the retail HS.

Lower HT Multiplier to 4x and raise the FSB or w/e its called in your BIOS. Here is a good guide:
    http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12960
  • edited August 2005
    Any ideas why my temps are that high?? I used enough artic silver paste and have a g-power pro cooler even took the cooler off and put it back on! :-(
  • edited August 2005
    i dont understand that website sorry i aint that technical minded lol
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2005
    For one, only use a very small amount of AS. Use a VERY thin film of AS to cover the heatspreader. The more paste the more stuff the heat has to get to to transfer heat from the heatspreader to the heatsink. AS is just used so that air is not the transfer medium.

1.) Lower LDT Multiplier to 4x
    2.) Raise your HTT\FSB in about 5MHz increments until it wont boot or your computer is unstable.

Do those things can tell us where you are at.