question bought OZC maybe's

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited August 2005 in Hardware
Alright, im lookin at ditching my antect true 330 for a ocz modstream 520 to power my new video card that im getting (6800 GT) and getting 1 gig of DDR 400 gold series ram, mainly cause of the sick timings and lifetime waranty.

I have a gigabyte k8ns-pro mobo, athalon 64 2800+ oc'ed to 2 ghz, and some other stuff.

I just wanna know if that psu will be able to push the video,memory, and processor, im really sold on it cause of the modular cables. cause right now i have around 20 conectors in front of my case window that re sitting iddle and unused.

I will also most likely be overclocking the 6800 to ultra speeds or more so i need a psu that can give it all the power it wants.

Comments

• jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited August 2005
    That should be plenty of power. Thats the same PSU I'm putting in my rig in 2 weeks, and its going to be running 2 7800GTX's in SLI.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    airbornflight,

That is plenty of power. In fact, in my opinion, it's the best psu i have ever had if you consider how quiet it is. My modstream 520 powers a FX-55, x850 XT PE, 4 harddrives, 3 fans and an optical. I do overclock slightly as well and i see no issues at all.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    cool

will proceed to order from the golden egg and hopefully i havent missed my rebate.

btw, how bout me and you swap rigs...im sure youd love my rig...it has lots of soul. wish i could afford all of that.