a few probs

edited August 2005 in Hardware
i thought i would build my next pc so out i went and bought the following:ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE M/B:ATHLON 64 BIT 3800 VENICE:2 GEFORCE 6600GT GRAPHICS CARDS:250 GIG MAXTOR DIAMOND SATA H/D:550W THERMALTAKE PSU:1 STICK 512MB RAM:2 NEC 3540A DIVES:WINDOWS XP PRO AND SP2:the problem seems to be that when i play certain games i.e far cry,wen i try to run the game at a high spec it either freezes and boots back to windows or the the graphics are all blocky.can anyone point me in the right direction as to what may be the problem,machine is running in sli mode..scored 5700 with 3d mark05..help

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited August 2005
    Hmm, it may be a thermal issue.. what are your temps like? (An application called Asus PC Probe should have been included on the mobo CDs).
  • edited August 2005
    ran the prog and it comes back with everything being ok
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Sounds like a software issue, do you have the latest drivers for your mobo and your vid cards?

Also, if it is a temperature issue we need to know what the temperatures are. There are alot of programs available that will check your sensors and give us an output.
  • edited August 2005
    cpu temp is 34.c and the mobo temp is 34.c,,my graphics cards are only 4 weeks old will the drivers be out of date already
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Do you have temps for your graphics card / gpu?