Building a website

edited August 2005 in Internet & Media
I am trying to research on how to develop a website like http://www.kazaa.com. I am in a networking class at ITT-Tech, but I still do not know how to even begin or where to begin my research. Can anyone help to gudie in the right direction.

thank you.

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Theres probably some code in there or something, but for the most part that looks like something you could do with Frontpage if you had the design skills. Really it's all about making it look nice but I recommend looking into PHP or something aswell as then you can make template pages and such and also make them dynamic saving yourself lots of time in the long run.
  • Lord_NightLord_Night Piqua Ohio
    edited August 2005
    kazaa... all that is is tables format with inlaid javscripts inside another set of tables.
    with some hidden overlay images...
    can easly be done in front page 2002 or 2003. and several other web design programs. basic table design inside one table design with javascript embedding..
  • edited August 2005
    Is front page a program I have to buy or can I download it. Thank you for the information. I want to build that website and sell media. Do you think it is a hard thing to do? Please write back. Thank you and have a good day.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Frontpage is included with MS Office. You could also try Dreamweaver.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    If you really want to be cutting edge, using CSS to design webpages makes sense. Although IE seems to have a big problem with that *grumble*