MSI k8n-neo or k8t-neo fsr?

kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
edited September 2005 in Hardware
I think the k8n-neo is newer, but which one is better? I have a chance to buy either of these with a 2800+ A64 for around $150. I'll be using my 1GB of PC2100 (1x512 and 2x256) to save money for now.

Comments

• JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited August 2005
    I bought a MSI K8N Neo4 for a customer and i almost wanted to keep it. I loved it, performance was great with an A64 3200+ and an 80gb SATA Hitachi Deskstar, it was increadible and the 6ch AC sound was great aswell. I Paired all that with an Nvidia 6600GT and the comp ran like a dream

EDIT: i also forgot the Rosewill 1gb single stick (could have been better Dual 512 but im not complaining!)

here is the exact board

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130484R

I highly reccomend this board, i love it, i almost want to keep it
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Jengo, the boards Kanez meantions here are socket 754 with AGP not PCI-E :)

Go the NEO, nForce all the way. I have had both boards and the NEO is alot smoother to install & just works :)

I will say this honestly to you though. Mixing and matching memory with A64 is a recipe for disaster. It's very sensitive to sticks, sizes and speeds. If you find your system is unstable as hell, look at your memory first. Sorry buddy, wouldn't want you going out, dropping coin in a system, only to find that it's acting up :(
  • edited September 2005
    Im Running a K8N Neo Platnium with a 6600GT and 2x512 of PC 3200, and I gotta say this thing kick butt. I never used an MSI board before, but the Chaintech from what I read just didn't keep up. I say the Neo all the way.