Internet/Email Issues

Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
edited August 2005 in Science & Tech
I have a new computer that refuses to connect to any email server through outlook and thunderbird. It will try to go and connect to the incoming mail server but times itself out saying it can't find it. Browsing the internet works fine through IE.

Heres what I did so far: Tried thunderbird but had no luck. I did import settings from outlook(to thunderbird) that I had manually setup up. I know the settings are correct because I a work for the ISP and have done this countless times.(its dialup) The only thing I had copied from the old computer was the address book and DBX files for their messages in the inbox. I know the servers are fine because I booted up the old computer and connected.

Then I disabled everything in system startup (virus scanner, firewall, etc) with no luck. It doesn't even appear to be attempting to use the internet to look for the server. I even ran a winsocket-tcp/ip fix program but still no success...

Any ideas before I rip my hair out? :confused:

Comments

• edited August 2005
    This may be one of those "OMFG I can't believe I overlooked that" things, but did you check the spelling on your POP and SMTP servers?