SM8 -Signup Closed!

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited August 2005 in Folding@Home
:celebrate Announcing: The Return Of SM8! :celebrate
:smokin:

SM8 (Folding as Icrontic_8) was recently returned to Team 93 for reassignment. We are looking for one of our solid team members to give this baby a good home and keep her Folding for Team 93. The lucky new Host will be sent a brand new case to make this rig look nice in their home.

If you meet the qualifications for hosting one of our team's SMx machines, why not sign up to be a candidate? You could be the one chosen to house this Folding rig in your home, not to mention having that extra Folding sig to show off your status as one of Team 93's elite group of SMx Hosts.

The Hosting Requirements and Selection Process are available on the team page. Please look them over carefully before signing up.

If you feel you meet the requirements and are willing to sign the contract, throw your name in the hat by posting in this thread and giving us some details about your hosting conditions (connection, environment, etc.) and your computer ability that would mark you as a suitable host for this special SMx Folding machine.

Here's the lowdown on the hardware:
SM8 Specs:

Motherboard: ECS K7S5A v1.0
CPU: Athlon XP 2000+
Hard Drive: Quantum Bigfoot TS 12GB
Display Adapter: ATI 3D RAGE IIC AGP
Memory: 512MB PC133
NIC: Onboard SiS 900 Fast Ethernet
Case: A Brand-New Case & PSU will be shipped directly to the new host

If you happened upon this thread by accident and wonder what it is exactly that Folding hopes to accomplish, check out Join Folding for a quick summary of the F@H Project. Like many of us here, you could put your spare computer cycles to work for the betterment of mankind. Won't you consider joining us? :wave:

Sign up soon. We will give you plenty of notice before the signup period is closed and the SMx Committee vote is taken.

As per our new policy, there are no geographical limitations on hosting eligibilty.

Check out The SMx Project - Reloaded! thread for more information on the project in general. If you have any parts you could spare for future SMx rigs, go here and have a look at what we need. HD's, and Memory (PC1600 or greater) are in extremely short supply. To keep this project going we need your help.

Good luck, everybody! :thumbsup::fold:

Comments

• maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited August 2005
    Count me in there Prof. Would love to host this rig.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited August 2005
    I'm in :cool:
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited August 2005
    Guess it's time I threw my hat in the ring.

My daughter (brightonpixie) has fled the nest and my son will be leaving soon (hurray :D )

Therefore two places available on my router.

Cheers

Crypto :ukflag:

p.s. I've got a small hard drive somewhere that will do for OS and FAH :thumbsup:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    AWESOME... Three potential Host's already? Great... anyone else?
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited August 2005
    Oooh! Ooh! ME! ME! :wave:

Own home, always on broadband, 24/7 PCs running etc.

Good luck to all who apply!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    Looking good so far:

maximusbad
    gtghm
    Crypto
    FormFactor

Who else is in? :)
    edited August 2005
    About 24 Hours remain if you want in on this.

Go Team 93!

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    almost missed this one... summer projects :shakehead

anyways...name is in the hat, got a couple spare hdd's lying around needing some action.

:thumbsup::fold:
    edited August 2005
    That's all there is and there ain't no mo'.

Another fine slate of candidates. Good luck, everyone. :)

:fold: maximusbad
    :fold: gtghm
    :fold: Crypto
    :fold: FormFactor
    :fold: fatcat6